Maiz Morado (Purple corn) is a variety of Zea mays, annual grass that grows between 1000 and 3000 meters.
Its stem, solid and erect, grows up to 4 m. Purple corn is a healthy heritage for humanity; as it contains anthocyanins and phenolic substances in addition to other important phyto-chemicals to health because of its nutritional value, it has been part of the Andean cuisine since pre-Inca times. The cob of this plant a popular drink called chicha, high in phenols is prepared. The dye is a characteristic which is the anthocyanin cyanidin-3-b-glucose, is located in both the grains and the cob. This natural dye has a potential health benefit; because it is an antioxidant rich with proven medicinal properties worldwide.
Andean valleys, central coast and is characteristic of marginal soils. The main producing areas are: Lima, Ancash and Arequipa, and in the high Andes of Peru (Andes Mountains)
Process and presentation:
Whole purple corn
Purple corn powder
Powder purple corn
Available in bulk and final product in organic and conventional
Presentation: 5kg or 10kg bags or special order.
Conditions of Sale
From Spain: Exworks prices without transport or DDP (positions in target store). We serve from 20kg minimum orders throughout Europe.
From Peru: Lima FOB or CIF prices in air and sea shipments worldwide. Minimum Order 200kg.
BIO and Conventional products:
- We provide ourselves directly from Andean and Amazonian native communities.
- Legal assistance in food supplements & cosmetics.
- Purchase our raw materials or in bulk(wholesales) for importers, laboratories and distributors.
- Maximum quality in the manufacturing and supply of raw materials, Inkanat is one of the largest exporters of organic products from Peru.
- We can send from our warehouse in Europe (Spain) or from Peru.
We also offer the possibility to pack or manufacture our raw materials into final product with customers:
- Small batches: from 100 uni.
- Powders, capsules and others
- Ecological or conventional.
- Sent from Europe or Peru
- You can pay on Euros or Dollars
- FOB, CIF, DAP or other Incoterm price.